Friday 14 February 2014

Garbage Bin

I thought it would be nice to work outside and do a smaller separate project outside the house.  I always thought that the garbage bins the town provided were quite ugly and never suited any house. I found a spot beside the house to put it that would look out of the way but would still make easily accessible. After that I cleared out the grass and made it level with the excess dirt.
After that  I started up the chop saw, cut up some treated lumber and stapled the floor frame together.  I decided not to use nails but screws. I got some 3/4 inch plywood and cut it size with the skill saw and screwed it on.
After that was done I ripped down some 2 by 4s to make the frame. Then I screwed together 3 walls out of 2 by 2s.


By that time I the day was done so I packed everything up. The next morning I screwed together the frame. To give it siding I stapled on tongue and groove hardwood to the frame and put on a front door and top door.
Final Product

1 comment: