Friday 14 February 2014

Drywall Part 2

The last post I did, about drywalling our homes gym, I left the project in a cliff hanger.  In this post I will show the final steps.  After the drywall and painting was done, we selected the flooring. In our previous house we had a small mat of foam pads in our basement so our workouts did not have to be completed on the cement. We decided to reuse the mats for our new workout room.

 Once that was done we installed some basic baseboard to give the finished look to the room. Even after we put in the baseboard the room looked empty and "sad" if a room can be sad. So we found a plan for a shelf online. 
I used this shelf design for inspiration for my shelf:
We bought the lumber and I cut it to size outside.  Then I took it inside to the work room to piece it together.

After that was done I put in a bolt on the front of the shelve to give it a more contemporary look.
When that was done I attached it to the wall. Then I attached the top 3/4 plank that would make up the top of the shelve. Then to finish off the entire project I used a golden stain to accompany the whole look of the shelve.

Once the stain was dried we added a pull-up bar and the workout room was done.
Before
After

No comments:

Post a Comment